Therapist nameAmy Desborough
Duration of session1 hour and 15 minutes
Price initial consultation£60
Contact details for booking07975 518036 or firstname.lastname@example.org
My journey into Colonic Hydrotherapy came from a desire to improve my digestion. I was already a trained nutritional therapist and understood the biochemistry of the body and the disease process when things start to go wrong. Food has always been a huge part of how I heal both myself and when advising my clients, however this deeper knowledge and the benefits had amazing results for my health. I use colonic hydrotherapy along side nutritional therapy and where applicable kinesiology.
Qualification and awarding bodies
- College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) Nutritional Therapy
- Balanced Health – The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology
- Certified Practitioner – The Academy of Systematic Kinesiology (TASK)
- Accreditation Body – Association of Systematic Kinesiology (ASK)
- Accreditation Body – Complementary and Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Accreditation Body – British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medication (BANT)
- Accreditation Body – RICTAT (International Association and Register of Integrative Colon Therapists and Trainers)
About the treatment
Colonic hydrotherapy is a great restorative treatment that gives a systemic boost to the body. It achieves a three-dimensional picture of physical, emotional and energetic changes within the body. The treatment focuses on treatment by following the 7Rs:
- Removing waste, irritants and allergy triggers from the bowel.
- Rehydrating the bowel.
- Repairing the gut wall.
- Rebalancing the bowel flora.
- Rebuilding the gut-brain connection.
- Restoring bowel function.
- Re-educating the owner of the bowel.
The equipment used will be a closed pressurised system. This means it is extremely hygienic, safe and effective. It has adjustable water flow and temperature control and a triple water filtration system. All equipment apparatus used is disposable, again ensuring an extremely hygienic treatment. The treatment lasts about 30-45 mins and not longer than 45. While the water fills your bowels, you will probably experience a ‘bizarre’ sensation or slight cramps as the wastes and the water move toward the anus for evacuation. Your bowel will be filled with water up to the level of comfort for you. You are in control throughout. If you feel that water is making you feel uncomfortable ask and the treatment will be stopped. I will talk to you continually to assess how you are feeling.